last updated: 15 March 2021
Your privacy is very important to us. PI4J has a few fundamental principles that we follow:
- We don’t ask you for personal information unless we truly need it.
- We don’t share your personal information with anyone except to comply with the law or protect our rights.
- We don’t store personal information on our servers unless required for the on-going operation of our site.
Section 1: Who we are
We are Professional Interpreters for Justice. Our website address is: https://pi4j.org.uk
Section 2: What personal data we collect and why we collect it
Some cookies are necessary for the website to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you which amount to a request for services, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in or filling in forms. These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources so we can measure and improve the performance of our site. They help us to know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the site.
All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. If you do not allow these cookies we will not know when you have visited our site, and will not be able to monitor its performance. Without these cookies, certain functionality may become unavailable.
You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but some parts of the site will then not work. These cookies do not store any personally identifiable information.
Cookies in use: cfduid, csrftoken, xsrf-token, cookietest
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. youtube, pinterest, wordpress.org, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
We use Google analytics to record information about the pages a user has seen, for example the URL of the page, time of day, device used, etc. The information that we collect anonymised and sent to Google Analytics for analysis.
Google Analytics mainly uses first-party cookies to report on visitor interactions on this website. Users may disable cookies or delete any individual cookie. Learn more
In addition, Google Analytics supports an optional browser add-on that – once installed and enabled – disables measurement by Google Analytics for any site a user visits. Note that this add-on only disables Google Analytics measurement.
Google Analytics also collects Internet Protocol (IP) addresses to provide and protect the security of the service, and to give website owners a sense of which country, state, or city in the world their users come from (also known as “IP geolocation”).
To assist with sending you requested information, we use WP Forms to collect and store your email address. WP Forms outlines their use of your personal data and anonymized data here. You may opt out of the collection of your data by unsubscribing (we will remove your data) and contacting them using the instructions on their privacy page.
Section 3: Who we share your data with
- Service Providers and others who help with our business operations and assist in the delivery of our services including, but not limited to, application development, site hosting, maintenance, data analysis, infrastructure provision, IT services, customer service, email delivery services, payment processing, marketing, analytics, and enforcement of our Terms of Service Agreement and other agreements;
- Other users of the site to identify you to anyone to whom you send messages or make comments through the Services;
- Persons or entities with whom you consent to have your Personal Data shared;
- Third parties in order to prevent damage to our property (tangible and intangible), for safety reasons, or to collect amounts owed to us;
- Merchants and payment processors;
Third parties as we believe necessary or appropriate, in any manner permitted under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence to:
- comply with legal process; respond to requests from public and government authorities, including public and government authorities outside your country of residence;
- enforce our Terms of Service Agreement and other agreements;
- protect our operations; protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you, or others;
- and allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
We will never sell, rent, or lease your Personal Data to a third party.
If you request a password reset, your IP address will be included in the reset email. If you send a message to us using our contact form then the details you provide in the form will be stored so that we can process your enquiry. Your message will then be shared with PI4J and replied to by the relevant person.
Section 4: How long we retain your data
Section 5: What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Protection of personal data
We use reasonable and appropriate physical, electronic, and administrative safeguards to protect personal data from loss, misuse and unauthorised access, disclosure, alteration and destruction, taking into account the nature of the Personal Data and risks involved in processing that information.
- the types of Personal Data we collect and why we collect it is described in section 2 of this policy
- see section 5 to remove your data from this site